The recently released 25th annual Weber Canadian GrillWatch Survey offers some interesting stats on who, what, where, when, and why Canadians grill.
• Canadians are heavy grillers with (84%) admitting to firing up the barbecue at least twice a month.
• Father’s Day is the third most popular time to barbecue (54%) after Canada Day (68%) and birthdays (62%).
• Hamburgers are the food most-often grilled, with 87% of respondents having grilled them in the past year.
• Steak is still the top all-time most favourite food to grill (44%).
• Tongs are tops when it comes to accessories owned (80%), followed by a basting brush (73%) and a wire bristle grill brush (70%).
• A whopping (91%) of Canadian grillers own a gas grill, while charcoal grills are favoured by (21%) of Canadian grillers.